Test Development Specialist
Full-time (or optional part-time arrangement is negotiable)
Salary negotiable depending on qualifications and relevant experience
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Euroexam Test Development Centre)
Euroexam International provides suites of English- and German-language exams, with test levels ranging from A1 to C1 through its 85+ test centres across Europe and Russia. Euroexam employs rigorous standards and is actively engaged in academic research, also in cooperation with a number of international professional associations. Beyond its core activities, Euroexam is a publisher of exam-related books and other supplementary materials and a provider of on-site and online training opportunities for both prospective candidates and teachers.
Due to a growing international demand for the examinations and a widening range of the exam board’s service activities, several new positions are now open to applicants.
Euroexam International is a member of EALTA (European Association for Language Testing and Assessment), ICC (The International Language Association), an associate member of Eaquals (Evaluation and Accreditation of Quality Language Services), and an affiliate member of ALTE (Association of Language Testers in Europe).
- Produce materials for Euroexam tests and take an active part in subsequent stages of the test development process
- Participate in specific research projects to enhance testing services
Test production and assessment
- Review and moderate exam material
- Liaise with other item writers when necessary
- Attend (online or in person) item review panels and provide feedback to item writers
- Participate in piloting and post-hoc item analysis exercises
Academic research and test development projects
- Contribute to the planning of exam-related research projects
- Research academic literature in relation to specific test development projects
- Participate in progress evaluation meetings
- Cooperate with team members in drafting, distributing and reporting on research-related surveys
- Take responsibility for specific sub-tasks as defined by the Research Lead
- Contribute to the final report of test development projects
- Master’s degree in Applied Linguistics or TEFL (preferred) OR Bachelor’s degree in Applied Linguistics and the Cambridge Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (DELTA)
- Experience in teaching English as a Foreign Language (min. 3 years) in a variety of contexts with experience in educational/academic management preferred
- Familiarity with the theory of language testing
- Experience in conducting academic research
- Experience in test item writing (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills; fluency in English (native or near native written and spoken)
- Well organised and result driven
What we offer
We offer a dynamic and challenging job in an internationally-oriented organisation and an international team of language teaching and assessment experts with the ability to be part of some cutting-edge research in the field.
Colleagues have the opportunity to participate in regular in-service seminars and webinars as part of the Euroexam development programme. Attendance of conferences and other professional events is encouraged and financially supported. Whether you reside in Budapest, Hungary, where the Euroexam Test Development Centre is located or elsewhere in Europe, we welcome you to be part of our team.
Preferably 1st July 2019 (but flexible depending on applicants’ notice periods)
Any informal inquiries about the position may be addressed to Kristof Hegedus
(phone:+361 797 1366, email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Candidates are invited to submit their application in English, consisting of:
- A cover letter
- A copy of your Masters - or equal programme degree certificate and a grades transcript
- Two references, please give names and addresses of two referees
The deadline for submitting your application is September 30, 2018.
Please send your application electronically to email@example.com.